Better Health Care Starts with You
Better Health Care Starts with You
About the Company
The mission of Navos is to improve the quality of life of people vulnerable to mental illness by providing a broad continuum of trauma informed care with a focus on recovery and resilience. Navos responds to the needs of people with mental illness in King County. Services are targeted to those who live at or near poverty, often as a result of their mental illness. Navos is committed to embracing equity and inclusiveness in everything we do. Our efforts are intentional, deliberate, and a fundamental part of the everyday expectation for working at Navos.
Therapy: Provides, or is willing to be trained to provide, evidence-based (e.g. CBT, DBT informed, ACT, MI, Internal Family Systems) behavior-change or behavior stabilizing psychotherapy with attention to value-based outcomes, metrics, treatment plans and goals. Clinicians with other psychological backgrounds (such as insight, psychodynamic, attachment, etc.) are also welcome. Must be flexible intervention style (understand the importance of insight, psychodynamics, transference/countertransference).
Case Management: Must be experienced with assessment, documentation (concurrent documenting in session preferred). Comfortable with using behavioral principles during session and using a structured session approach. Some case management might be required, such as coordination of case management services, resource identification and development, environmental assistance, advocacy, service monitoring and follow-up, collateral supports and clinical services as appropriate to assigned caseload.
Reports to: HEART Clinical Supervisor
Supervises: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Assists difficult/agitated consumers in a safe and dignified manner as dictated by facility policies and procedures.
- Interviews consumers and families to obtain information regarding their behavioral characteristics, psychosocial and medical history, aptitudes, interests, achievement levels, and support system.
- Assists in developing problem-focused, goal-oriented treatment plans which address the specific needs of the consumer within a case-management framework and specific anticipated clinical outcomes.
- Provides comprehensive community support activities to assigned caseload, including assistance in identifying and utilizing community resources, liaison with other agencies and organizations, referral to appropriate community programs, completion of all necessary reports, home and community-based skills training.
- Functions as a consumer advocate in relation to the mental health system, community agencies, and the consumer’s support system, as needed.
- Assists in discharge planning, prepares summaries of treatment for release to referral and referring agencies.
- Works cooperatively in a multidisciplinary team approach, according respect to others based on knowledge and experience as well as discipline.
- Fosters healing, hopeful, honest and trusting relationships for consumers and employees; values consumer voice, choice and self-advocacy.
- Demonstrates a commitment to cultural competence.
- Delivers services with respect, tact, and sensitivity.
- Promotes a safe, calm and secure environment with supportive care and family-driven services that are trauma specific and promote recovery and wellness.
- Maintains consumer records in keeping with Agency, County, and State guidelines.
- Demonstrates respect for consumer rights and maintains confidentiality per Agency policy.
- Follows organization infection control policies and procedures. At risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree required.
- Must have experience with serving individuals who experience severe and persistent mental illness, in addition to knowledge and skills in providing individual and group therapy.
- Current Washington State licensure or Counselor Agency Affiliate Registration in the State of Washington.
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
May involve lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, and stooping requiring upper and lower body strength. Lifting up to 10 lbs. may be required without assistance.