Better Health Care Starts with You
Better Health Care Starts with You
About the Company
The mission of Navos is to improve the quality of life of people vulnerable to mental illness by providing a broad continuum of trauma informed care with a focus on recovery and resilience. Navos responds to the needs of people with mental illness in King County. Services are targeted to those who live at or near poverty, often as a result of their mental illness. Navos is committed to embracing equity and inclusiveness in everything we do. Our efforts are intentional, deliberate, and a fundamental part of the everyday expectation for working at Navos.
About the Position
The case manager maintains primary case responsibility and authority for assigned resident caseload, including arranging, monitoring, coordinating, and providing needed services in the mental health system and the community, as well as develops problem-focused, strength based, goal oriented service plans which address the specific needs of the resident.
Position Functions & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Maintain primary responsibility and authority for assigned cases in the Sunstone program.
• Responsible for daily check-ins with resident to track progress towards behavioral goals.
• Will demonstrate collaborative problem solving strategies when interacting with resident to address behavioral goals.
• Assist in developing problem-focused, goal-oriented treatment plans which address the specific needs of the resident within the framework of the program and specific anticipated clinical outcomes.
• Provide comprehensive community support activities to assigned caseload, including assistance in identifying and utilizing community resources, liaison with other agencies and organizations, referral to appropriate community programs, completion of all necessary reports.
• Maintain resident records in keeping with Agency, County and State guidelines.
• Demonstrate respect for resident rights and maintains privacy per agency policy; demonstrates knowledge of and commitment to the principle of Resiliency as it applies to mental health.
• Advocate for resident in program and discuss choices and consequences.
• Attend and participates in Multidisciplinary Team Meetings.
• Develop a monthly schedule for residents that must be approved by the Clinical Manager one month prior.
• Develop weekly shift kits, may request assistance as needed from other program staff.
• Supporting the clinical program in various ways such as facilitation of community meetings, participate in conducting therapy groups, attending therapy activities, etc.
• Assist in discharge planning, prepares summaries of treatment for release to referral and referring agencies.
• Attend regular clinical and administrative staff meeting; give and receive assistance in effective therapy, case management/service coordination.
• Maintain an environment that respects cultural, economic, ethnic, and lifestyle differences of residents and co-workers.
• Maintain productivity standards of direct service as established for the position.
• Supports a system-wide understanding of trauma prevalence, impact and trauma informed care.
• Promote a safe, calm and secure environment with supportive care and resident-driven services that are trauma specific and promote recovery and wellness.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Follow organization infection control policies and procedures. At risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens.
Skills, Education, & Abilities
• BA Degree in Behavioral Sciences from an accredited college or University and at least two years related experience working with children, adolescents, and families
• Current Counselor Agency Affiliated Registration or License in the State of Washington.
• Current Washington State Driver's License with proof of automobile insurance.
• Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements & Disclosure of Risks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position may involve lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, and stooping requiring upper and lower body strength. Lifting up to 25 lbs. may be required without assistance.