• The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) has direct responsibility for the quality of medical care provided and medical staff relationships. Education and Experience:
• The incumbent provides medical leadership for clinical and business planning, clinical performance, Medical Quality Assessment/Assurance, Risk Management, Continuing Medical Education, and Medical Staff Credentialing and governance activities.
• Under the direction of the President’s of Deaconess and Valley Hospitals and in conjunction with other organizational leaders, the incumbent provides medical leadership to develop and achieve the Business Unit’s strategic and operational objectives, integrating those objectives with the system objectives of MultiCare Health System (MHS).
• As a member of the executive team of the business unit, the incumbent works together with the hospital President’s , Nurse Executive, Quality and Safety leader, Finance Business Partner, President - MHS Clinically Integrated Network and ACO Operations, senior leaders, and Medical Staff leadership in a team-oriented approach to planning and operational oversight.
• The CMO collaborates with other Chief Medical Officers in the health system to share best practices and work closely with SVP of Quality Integrity and Medical Affairs Officer.
• Work situations are varied and challenging, requiring strong administrative and leadership skills in negotiation, complex data analysis, creativity, diplomacy, problem solving and decision making.
• This position requires the development of critical relationships and broad ranging contacts to support accomplishment of internal as well as externally facing strategic and operational objectives.
- Graduate of an accredited medical school
- Licensure to practice medicine in Washington State
- Graduate degree in healthcare administration preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years clinical experience, providing direct patient care
- Experience as a medical director or service chief in a comparable hospital or health system
- Credentialed to practice in MultiCare Health System facilities
- Strong clinical credentials required
- Demonstrated progress in an administrative career path preferred
Education and Experience:
MultiCare is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
MultiCare is a smoke-free, drug-free workplace. All employment offers are contingent upon acceptable pre-employment drug tests which include testing for the use of marijuana and nicotine. As part of our commitment to a healthy workplace, we require employees to obtain an annual flu immunization.
If you are a job applicant who requires reasonable accommodation in the job application process, please contact our Candidate Experience Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.