Better Health Care Starts with You
Better Health Care Starts with You
About the Company
The mission of Navos is to improve the quality of life of people vulnerable to mental illness by providing a broad continuum of trauma informed care with a focus on recovery and resilience. Navos responds to the needs of people with mental illness in King County. Services are targeted to those who live at or near poverty, often as a result of their mental illness. Navos is committed to embracing equity and inclusiveness in everything we do. Our efforts are intentional, deliberate, and a fundamental part of the everyday expectation for working at Navos.
About the Position
The Geriatric Mental Health Counselor/Case Manager provides direct care and supervision for older adults with emotional and behavioral disorders in a therapeutic residential treatment environment. This position works in a milieu setting, providing conflict resolution, symptom management and teaching independent living skills. The Counselor/Case Manager will possess an understanding of appropriate interactions with older adults and enjoy working with a challenging mental health population.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provides residential services to older adult clients living in the community, including monitoring facility and residents, and providing for the safety of residents.
• Follows and supports individualized treatment plans as developed by case managers.
• Secures needed resources.
• Educates clients about mental illness.
• Re-teaches independent living skills.
• Monitors for decompensation.
• Provides crisis services.
• In a timely manner, completes all paperwork and reporting required by HWSMHC, King County and Washington State.
• Supports a system-wide understanding of trauma prevalence, impact and trauma informed care.
• Fosters healing, hopeful, honest and trusting relationships for consumers and employees; Value consumer voice, choice and self-advocacy.
• Demonstrates a commitment to cultural competence.
• Promotes a safe, calm and secure environment with supportive care and family-driven services that are trauma specific and promote recovery and wellness.
• Follows organization infection control policies and procedures. At risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s in one of the Behavioral Sciences required. Significant experience may be substituted depending on type and nature.
• At least two years related experience in Social Services working with the mentally ill older adults. (Residential experience preferred.)
• DSHS Long-Term Care Worker training or ability to obtain upon hire required.
• Washington State agency affiliated counselor registration required prior to beginning direct care responsibilities.
• Current CPR, First Aid, and food handlers permit to be acquired within first 30 days of employment.
• Current Washington State Driver's License with proof of automobile insurance; ability to use own car in provision of services.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 3:30p-12a
**Salary Range: $50,086 - 61,089**
Personal Traits & Qualifications
Possess the knowledge, values, attitude and skills to create a trauma-informed, safe, trusting healing environment that respects the perspectives and experiences of the individuals, families, staff and communities we serve with safety and healing. Committed to the multidisciplinary team approach with a strength- based focus to care.
• Ability to interact with clients in a sensitive , tactful and respectful manner.
• Knowledge of the principles and techniques of individual and group therapy and experience providing them.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
The job may involve lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting and stooping requiring upper and lower body strength. Lifting up to 15 lbs. may be required without assistance.
Supervisory Responsibilities None