Better Health Care Starts with You
Better Health Care Starts with You
The Heart Program Manager is responsible for the clinical and administrative oversight of the day-to-day operations of the adult outpatient mental health program. The Program Manager directly supervises Clinical Supervisors and ensures all clinical services are provided in such a way that meets regulatory requirements and embodies the mission of the agency. The Program Manager leads and implements department initiatives under the direction of the Program Director. The Program Manager also provides training and consultation, serves as a liaison between the team and the Director, acts as the liaison with internal departments and provides community linkage as necessary.
Reports to: Adult Program Director
Supervises: Mid-level supervisors and/or line staff within the team.
Functions and Responsibilities
1. Directly supervises Clinical Supervisors and ensures all clinical services are provided in such a way that meets regulatory requirements and embodies the mission of the agency.
2. Leads and implements department and agency initiatives under the direction of the Program Director.
3. Provides training and consultation, serves as a liaison between the team and the Director, with internal departments and the community.
4. Assures that all Center policies, procedures and guidelines are followed.
5. Develops annual departmental budget in consultation with Program Director. Ensures adherence to budget or justification for any variance.
6. Manages program quality assurance and critical incident procedures.
7. Oversees all personnel functions in consultation with Program Director including hiring, evaluations and disciplinary procedures.
8. Responsible for developing and maintaining department policies and procedures in consultation with Compliance Department and Program Director.
9. Participates in ongoing in-service education, program development and program evaluation. Develops, coordinates and provides clinical training to staff.
10. Assumes responsibility for completing continuing education requirements as mandated by profession.
11. Supervision of clinical staff and interns
12. Coordination of intern program and training
13. Review & approval of time sheets
14. Manages UR functions to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements as well as maximum reimbursement.
15. Works cooperatively in a multidisciplinary team approach, according respect to others based on knowledge and experience as well as discipline.
16. Supports a system-wide understanding of trauma prevalence, impact and trauma informed care.
17. Fosters healing, hopeful, honest and trusting relationships for consumers and employees; Values consumer voice, choice and self-advocacy.
18. Demonstrates a commitment to cultural competence.
19. Promotes a safe, calm and secure environment with supportive care and family-driven services that are trauma specific and promote recovery and wellness.
20. Maintains consumer records in keeping with Agency, County and State guidelines.
21. Demonstrates respect for consumer rights and maintains confidentiality per Agency policy.
22. Other duties as assigned.
23. Follows organization infection control policies and procedures. At risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens.
Master’s degree in one of the Behavioral Sciences from an accredited program. Licensure in good standing for 2 years is required plus 15 hours of Supervisory Training. Must have at least 5 years experience in the provision of clinical services to the mentally ill, and at least 2 years supervisory experience.
Personal Traits & Qualifications
Professional interest and commitment to the mentally ill and in the development of systems of care for the mentally ill. Good organizational skills, time management and customer skills. Must have excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) across many stakeholders – client, staff, management, external organizations. Commitment to multidisciplinary team approach to treatment and care of consumers. Ability to interact with and supervise team members in a collaborative manner. Ability to interact with consumers with sensitivity, tact and respect; as well as firmness when necessary. Solid knowledge of theories of human behavior, personality development and psychological and physical cause of mental disorders. Knowledge of principles and techniques of group and individual therapy and experience providing same; understanding of principles and methods of intervention. Familiarity with Washington Administrative Code regulations and professional standards governing the treatment of mentally ill consumers.
May involve lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, and stooping requiring upper and lower body strength. Lifting up to 10 lbs. may be required without assistance.