The reasons to work at MultiCare are as unique as the people who do. Join us for the professional challenges you seek. In the settings you prefer. With schedules that fit your life. Learn more at www.multicarejobs.org
The Nursing Manager is responsible for overseeing hospital functions on a designated shift. She/He confers with the nursing staff, physician and other department personnel as necessary to meet the overall needs of patients. Informs the hospital administrator on call of any situation that may require attention. Manages staffing to provide continuity of professional nursing care.
- Responsible for compliance with overall nursing practice standards during assigned shift.
- Uses established principles of delegation and supervision to direct the activities of all licensed and non-licensed care givers and support staff in the delivery of patient care during their assigned shift.
- Uses independent judgment to ensure optimal delivery of patient care and appropriate use of available resources.
- Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
Previous Emergency Department experience preferred
- Prefer 3-5 years experience in a Level 1-3 Emergency/Trauma Center
- Recent previous supervisory experience preferred
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- BSN and/or MSN preferred.
- Washington State RN License
- American Heart Association BLS Required
- American Heart Association certifications: ACLS, PALS
-Emergency Nurse Association: ENPC, TNCC
MultiCare is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
MultiCare is a smoke-free, drug-free workplace. All employment offers are contingent upon acceptable pre-employment drug tests which include testing for the use of marijuana and nicotine. As part of our commitment to a healthy workplace, we require employees to obtain an annual flu immunization.
If you are a job applicant who requires reasonable accommodation in the job application process, please contact our Candidate Experience Team at email@example.com.