The reasons to work at MultiCare are as unique as the people who do. Join us for the professional challenges you seek. In the settings you prefer. With schedules that fit your life. Learn more at www.multicarejobs.org
The IT Customer PC Tech role is to use advanced planning skills and technical knowledge to perform semi-complex, relatively varied tasks to provide technical support. This individual will be involved in projects to set up fully functioning facilities with PCs, laptops, printers, and other equipment. Daily duties may include troubleshooting, maintenance, and installations. Position receives moderate supervision. The PC Tech ensures that individual users and departments have hardware, software, and operating systems necessary to perform their work.
• Initiates and provides follow-up to call procedures to external maintenance support for those problems beyond normal capabilities.
• Closes out all trouble tickets assigned and follows up to ensure user satisfaction. Informs others of inventory needs.
• Performs initial as well as in-depth diagnostic and maintenance actions on PC systems, including research into projected PC requirements.
• Develops and installs new or upgraded systems and components.
• Provides in-depth on-site technical support of existing networked desktop-related problems.
• Responds to customer question on site while on assignment.
• Plans, organizes and schedules department and multiple user moves, adds, and changes to PCs, including administering of operating system and MS Exchange.
• Schedules all computer systems maintenance and coordinates these actions with users and staff.
• Resolves conflicts in the demands on the technicians’ time to the interest of the user.
• Provides basic training to users.
• Tertiary phone support of incoming service calls as well as providing backup when needed and as assigned
• Participate in on-call rotation with other techs for after-hours coverage
• Identifies and challenges work processes.
• Works toward continuous improvement based on customer needs.
• Contributes new ideas, makes helpful suggestions for change.
• Works effectively as a part of the team, participates and supports group efforts.
• 3 year’s work experience in PC/printer repair required
• Experience with troubleshooting applications, access, security, wired and wireless networks
• Experience in an enterprise environment preferred
• Healthcare experience preferred
• Current CompTIA A+ or equalivant
MultiCare is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
MultiCare is a smoke-free, drug-free workplace. All employment offers are contingent upon acceptable pre-employment drug tests which include testing for the use of marijuana and nicotine. As part of our commitment to a healthy workplace, we require employees to obtain an annual flu immunization.
If you are a job applicant who requires reasonable accommodation in the job application process, please contact our Candidate Experience Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.