Better Health Care Starts with You
Better Health Care Starts with You
The reasons to work at Navos are as unique and diverse as the people who work here. Join us for the professional challenges you seek as an integral member of the Navos Leadership Team!
At Navos, we offer a healing home for children, young people and adults who are vulnerable to mental illness and substance use disorders. The Navos mission is to transform the quality of life for the people we serve by providing a broad spectrum of care. We believe that equity and inclusion are vital to living our values and achieving our mission.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Child/Adolescent Residential Staff Psychiatrist is responsible for the clinical and compliance oversight and daily coordination of the psychiatric and primary care staff for the Sunstone Children's Residential Program.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Maintains a caseload of up to 18.
• Provides clinical supervision and oversight of all Sunstone psychiatric staff:
• Monitors the clinical work of psychiatric staff and ensures quality clinical care and adherence to medically acceptable standards.
• Identifies areas of quality improvement across child and family clinical practice and develops new standards of practice as needed.
• Helps ensure psychiatric staff clinical consultation regarding client, staff and/or program issues to child and family programs upon request of administrators and clinical staff.
• Responsible for Overall Administration of psychiatric staff functions in conjunction with the Medical Services Administrator/CMO:
• Participates and/or ensures staffing for all Child & Family and combined Inpatient/Outpatient Medical Staff Committees including: Medical Executive, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Med Education and Infection Control.
• Coordinates with the Medical Services Administrator/CMO in ensuring that medical programs meet related Federal, State, local, The Joint Commission and Navos requirements, and understand and follow established Navos Policies and Procedures.
• Channels information and ideas regarding clinical policies, directions, and Procedures between psychiatric staff and administration.
• Works in conjunction with the Medical Services Leadership Team to ensure continuity and completion of all medically related services and functions.
• Collaborates with the Medical Services Administrator/CMO in management of Medical Services budget:
• Participates in preparing Medical Services annual budgets.
• Assists the Medical Services Administrator in the regular monitoring of budgetary compliance, including understanding and explaining any variances.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Physician licensed to practice under Chapter 18.57 or 18.71 RCW and board eligible in child/adolescent psychiatry.
• Maintain current WA State Medical License.
• Thorough knowledge of child psychiatry and behavioral healthcare.
• Understanding of clinical process, utilization management and quality assurance.
• Ability to represent the Agency to the various audiences and interest groups in the community.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED:
• A unique learning opportunity and the chance to be a part of a multi-disciplinary team that encourages growth, creative thinking, and contemporary learning.
• Competitive pay
• 22 days Paid Time Off and 8 paid holidays in your first year with Navos!
• 401k package
• Annual training funds
• Located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest! The perfect home for hikers, ocean lovers, coffee fanatics, foodies, & life-enthusiasts.
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of an updated background investigation.
Navos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.